Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity ………

“Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty” - Lovin’ Spoonful

We can all relate to the feeling on a sweltering July day. Summer is here and we love it. But we all have that hot weather dilemma: stay cool, look polished and professional at work, and also put together a fun look for summer’s special occasions.

So… what do you do for your summer professional wardrobe?
Decide to go casual all summer in flip-flops, tank tops and cropped pants?

I recently meet with a client who told me she just did not know what to wear for summer. She wants to look professional at work, but would like to add a little summer fun to her wardrobe. There are so many options for great summer professional looks. Dresses being one of my favorites, you put it on add a piece of fun summer jewelry, a great open toe pump and you’re good to go. I’ve seen lots of shirt-dresses, and cotton shifts everywhere.

If you do have a meeting and need a suit, lightweight tops underneath are a great option, and remember, it is summer so pop a little color under that suit. Also, a short sleeve jacket in place of the classic suit top can be another option.

I have been to my share of graduation parties this year and I just want to say: there are some great alternatives to the cropped pant/flip-flop look. Don’t get me wrong, I do have a few flip-flops, but they do not go out in public! Right now most every store you shop has the best selection of summer sundresses, skirts and fun tops, and don’t forget the maxi dress. It is a great updated new summer trend that you can find in a wide range of prices. If you aren’t a “Dress Person,” try a walking short. As for footwear, “strappy sandals,” espadrilles, summer flats all look so much more polished than flip-flops.

As we are now fully into the heat of summer, I just have a couple questions. How does your summer professional wardrobe fair? Are you looking cool and put together or are you a hot mess? I can help with a cool pulled together summer work wardrobe. Contact me at: rsdittrich@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment