Monday, June 21, 2010

To Market, to Market...

Shopping for unique fashion in London.

I visited two unique and interesting markets while in London. Spitalfields Market (a short walk from Liverpool Street tube stop) is a fun market with young trendy independent fashion dealers. It is a must for one-of-a-kind trip mementos. They have wonderful clothing vendors selling coats, dresses, hats, scarves, bags and jewelry. We purchased a few must have summer items: a great tote bag, with a London street scene (which of course included a few Minis!), a t-shirt with great original graphics from a local artist, and a silver bracelet from a gentleman out of Spain. There were also some nice straw fedoras (which are hot for summer). Check out Target’s version.



^ A shot of Spitalfields Market.

Portobello Road Market (close to Notting Hill Gate tube stop) is an old established market that specializes in antiques. They had lots of wonderful vintage sliver and the shops along the way offered many clothing items. I had my eye on some wool scarves from Ireland, but since I had already purchased three scarves on my trip I did pass them up. I did purchase a wonderful pen and ink fashion drawing by local artist, Jane Ryan.



^ Shoppers at Portobello Road Market.

My fashion suggestion from the markets: Fedoras will be hot for summer, and scarves are still in fashion everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment